Why music for your business?
No MBA program is complete without a unit on marketing. Similarly, some in the business of creating corporate music make the case that no marketing program is complete with using music to express the soul of your business!
A key emphasis in today’s crowded marketplaces is differentiation – getting your brand to standout. Yes, there is a lot that can be done with visual media to project the personality of your brand.
Elements such as typography, imagery, vocabulary, style and tone of voice all help to shape perceptions. The variations they provide for stimulating the audience visually are pretty much infinite.
And graphics, images and photography are important for achieving what is perhaps the ultimate goal of branding – provoking a positive emotional response in your audience.
But, why restrict yourself to just using visual media?
Music provides another dimension, another channel to the hearts and minds of the audience.
Quite simply, it is competitive advantage because it’s another, and arguably more powerful, facet of marketplace differentiation.
Remember where you were when you first heard that great catchy tune? Do you recall what you were doing, who you were with and how it made you feel?
Groves Music helps do that for your business.
Where to use music to sonically define and support your brand
- Telephone system hold music – call/contact centre
- Training and CPD – online and training room
- Websites – be very careful!
- Presentations – PowerPoint and speaker ‘fanfare’ for seminars and events
- Online marketing video (external audience) – company websites, YouTube, etc.
- Corporate video (internal audience) – business stakeholders
- Paid broadcast media advertising – TV and radio